Sunday, March 02, 2008

I should have known

I should have known it would happen.

I should not have doubted for a moment that I would come around to wanting to live with you. We had come so far avoiding these urges. I thought maybe this time I could best it.

But here it is. We are passing through the intersection now and the week between the weekends, the days I have to myself in my own place, are becoming less and less a bout of Karen time, and with each passing week more and more but the bridge, the dues paid, between the days I get to spend at your side.

You aren't the only one who needs and appreciates a bite of time alone after 48 hours glued together- 48 hours we are both always sorry to end; 48 hours we both enjoy: but once I have had some time alone, after a few hours left to my own devices, I am ready to go back home to you and curl up in your snuggle or join you in the next venture whatever that may be.

You know how you told me months ago that you simply enjoy my company? I still enjoy yours too.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I remember those days. 6 years and 3 kids later, those days are but a memory. Enjoy.